Thursday, August 15, 2013

Mr. and Mrs. Roland Wood.

So as I mentioned in my last post, my sister got MARRIED! Which is super cool. The newest edition to our family is Roland Wood. They met at BYU, I met him for the first time on Easter this year, and on July 23rd they were sealed together for time and all eternity :)

Their colors were mint and light pink, the bridesmaids had white shirts and shoes and matching pink skirts, the groomsmen had a pink or mint tie and gray slacks, Roland was in a gray suit, and Jenessa was in a GORGEOUS off-white, perfectly beaded, classy and modest gentle A-line dress. (so pretty ! )

They were sealed in the Salt Lake City Temple and the reception was in Provo at the "Legacy Home." His family owns the Legacy Home and it is a gorgeous property, so it worked out perfectly!

It was a bit stressful trying to get everything in order before people started showing up at the reception, but it all came together and I think it was marvelous :) The decorations were simple, but enough to catch the eye and not be too much. The pictures displayed all around were breathtaking, all my family was there (even the cardboard cutout of my missionary brother! haha), and my friends came to see me. They were honestly some of the happiest hours of my summer (by far!).

So yeah, Jenessa and Roland are beginning their happily ever after and it is so fun to see. They are so happy and I love both of them very much. Hopefully Roland's med school doesn't take them too far from home, because I would miss them terribly. They are awesome and I'm excited to see where life takes them :)


Aaaannnndd now there's only the E's left in the family. Emily and Eric, the single kids. haha I can't wait for Eric to get home in 6 weeks (EXACTLY) because then I won't be such an awkward loner in my immediate family! haha! Well, that's one of the reasons at least!

Conclusion? My sister is a HUGE example to me and I can't wait to be married in the temple to the love of my life someday, but I'm not in any rush either, if you know what I mean.

Come what may, and love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment