Wednesday, October 9, 2013

College Livin'

Brigham Young University is a great place to be. but it's HARD.
Everyone here was a straight-A student in high school. Everyone here is willing to work hard. Everyone here (or so it seems) is gorgeous. Everyone here is nice and seemingly perfect. Sometimes it's hard to remember that I fall under the BYU category now too. Is everyone really gorgeous and perfect? Of course not. Sometimes I feel like everyone really is like that and I'm the odd one out. Not particularly stunning, not terribly outgoing, on the thicker side, medium (at best) intelligence, and not even near attractive enough to be asked out on dates. But then I remember, I'M AWESOME TOO. I may not be skinny or cute or fashionable or hilarious or talkative or highly-intelligent, but I'm special and have something unique to offer the world. My family is what really keeps me going. When I'm with my cousins, I feel like a rock star. When I'm with my immediate family, I feel like a part of something: totally and completely. Even my roommates encourage me by laughing at my weird self. Moral of this blurb? I have worth. Particularly in the eyes of my Heavenly Father. Isn't that just the best?

So recently my family has had some crazy things going on! Eric came home on September 26, 2013 from his mission in St. Louis, Missouri. So that was awesome!! I loved seeing how excited all the cousins were to see him, and I just plain loved seeing him myself! He is now looking for a job and trying to adjust to being home. He is also waiting to hear back from BYU to see if he is admitted or not (he really hopes he is.)

The most recent family explosion was that Aleena finally had her baby! Jarom is the cutest father :) Poor Aleena got induced Sunday (October 6th) at 8:00. She progressed incredibly slowly and after a full 24-hours of labor, they finally decided to go ahead with a C-section. On October 7, 2013, I finally became an aunt! His name is Oliver Joseph Lance :) he was 9 lb 3 oz (no wonder he wouldn't come out!) and 20 inches long. He has loads of dark brown hair and is quite the tank. Needless to say, I'm already in love with him. He's probably the most precious baby I ever did see.

So ya, college life is great! so far, so good. it's a lot harder than high school, but if I discipline myself I think I'll be able to make it through alright. Now I just have to figure out what I want to do with my life! haha (i.e. what I should study, what I should pursue as a career, and whether or not I should go on a mission.)

I'm growing every day and hopefully I continue to become a better me!

No comments:

Post a Comment